"Best Camping Story” CONTEST
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED AND IN PUERTO RICO, AND CANADA. Contest runs from May 15, 2018 and ends on October 15, 2018. Contest is open to all legal residents of the U.S., with the exception of Puerto Rico. Contest is open to all ages. Employees, temporary employees, independent contractors, interns and their immediate families (spouses and parents, siblings and children and their spouses) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of Good Sam Enterprises, LLC and CWI, Inc. (“Sponsors”), and each of their affiliates, partners, subsidiaries or parent companies, their advertising agencies and any other company involved with the design, production, execution or distribution of this promotion are NOT eligible to enter.
2. TO ENTER. Beginning at 12:01AM CDT on May 15, 2018 through 11:59PM CDT on October 15, 2018, complete the entry form and submit a short story in one of three categories (“Category” or “Categories”) on the contest site located at All eligible entries (“Entry” or “Entries”) must include the entrant’s (“Entrant”) name, address, telephone number, and email address. Only Entries that have completed the required fields and followed all Official Rules will be eligible for consideration. Only one (1) Entry per e-mail address across all Categories will be considered. Only single-author Entries will be considered eligible; no co-authored Entries will be eligible. Should multiple users of the same email account enter the Contest and a dispute arises regarding the identity of the Entrant, the authorized subscriber of the email account, at the time of Entry, will be considered the Entrant, and determined in the Sponsors’ sole and absolute discretion. The definition of an account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. A minimum of fifty (50) eligible Entries per Category is required to continue the Contest. If fifty (50) eligible Entries for each category are not received by 11:59PM CDT on October 15, 2018, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the Contest or any portion thereof.
3. SHORT STORY CATEGORIES AND FORMATTING. Entrant may submit an Entry in one of three Categories: humorous, nostalgic, and children’s story. Entrants in the humorous and nostalgic categories must be aged thirteen (13) years-old or older. Children’s story Entrant must be aged eight (8) to twelve (12) years-old. Each short story must be typed and must be between 250 and 500 words in length. All Entries must be submitted in English.
3. DETERMINATION OF WINNER. Sponsors will appoint judges who will review and score each eligible Entry and select a potential Grand Prize Winner in each of the three Categories on November 15, 2018. Each Entry shall receive a numerical score out of a total of 100 points based on the following criteria:
50% of the score will be based on originality, creativity, quality of writing, and the content of the Entry;
25% of the score will be based on the Entry’s relevance to the category selected by Entrant; and
25% of the score will be based on the Entry’s relevance to camping, generally.
Sponsor will notify each potential Grand Prize Winner by e-mail and/or phone based on the information provided.
4. PRIZES. One (1) Grand Prize for each Category, for a total of three (3) Grand Prizes: $500 Gander Outdoors gift card and two (2) tickets to the Minneapolis/St. Paul RV, Vacation & Camping Show, February 7-10, 2019, at the Minneapolis Convention Center, 1301 Second Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55403. Approximate retail value of the two (2) tickets to the Minnesota RV Show is $24. Sponsors will deliver Grand Prizes to Grand Prize Winners via regular United States mail. Sponsors reserve the right to change the method and place of delivery in their sole discretion. No cash alternative to Grand Prize is offered, but a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted by the Sponsors if the advertised prizes become unavailable for any reason. Prizes are not transferable. Grand Prize Winners are responsible for all applicable fees, costs, and federal, state and local taxes incurred in claiming and using the Grand Prize.
5. GENERAL. All potential Grand Prize Winners and their legal guardians, as necessary, will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability / Publicity Release and return it within seven (7) days of attempted delivery or Sponsors will select the next highest scoring Entry as the potential Grand Prize Winner. If Grand Prize Winner is under the age of eighteen (18), Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability / Publicity Release must be signed by the minor’s parent or legal guardian, who shall represent and warrant he/she is authorized to contract for the minor as stated therein. Grand Prize Winner consents to the use of his/her name, voice and/or likeness by the Sponsors for advertising purposes without additional compensation unless otherwise prohibited by law. All entries become the property of the Sponsors and will not be returned or acknowledged. Entry into the Contest constitutes consent to be added to Sponsors and each of their related companies’ direct mail and Internet marketing databases. By entering, Entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules of the Contest. By participating in the Contest and/or accepting a prize, Entrants, Grand Prize Winners (and their families) and guests (and their families) release and hold harmless, Sponsors, Facebook®, and each of their respective shareholders, directors, members, successors, assigns, parents, partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, agents, employees, promotional partners, advertising agencies, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Contest (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from the Contest and/or use of prizes, including, without limitation, liability for personal injury, damage or loss.
Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or like means to enter the Contest is prohibited and will void all such affected entries. No mechanically reproduced Entries permitted. Sponsors and each of their agents are not responsible for unauthorized human intervention, phone, technical, network, electronic, computer, hardware, or software failures, malfunctions, or disconnects of any kind, or misdirected, illegible, incomplete, stolen, garbled, fragmented, or delayed internet/email computer transmissions or network/ISP/website internet accessibility/availability or for incorrect or incomplete capture of any information.
All entries must be the sole, original work of the Entrant and Entrant must be the sole owner of the rights in and to the Entry. Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize any part of the entry from any other source. Entry materials may not contain any third-party materials, and may not contain materials that violate or infringe any third-party rights, including without limitation copyright, trademark rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, or other intellectual property rights. Entries may not have been published previously or have been submitted in any other Contest. Entries must be in keeping with the Sponsors’ image or they will be disqualified, as determined by the Sponsors in their sole and absolute discretion. Entry may not contain obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, or inappropriate images or text, including but not limited to nudity, acts of violence, acts that appear to cause injury or harm, or acts that are illegal or dangerous, as determined by the Sponsors in their sole and absolute discretion. Sponsors have the sole and absolute discretion to determine whether an Entry is eligible.
By submitting an Entry and/or accepting a Grand Prize, the Entrant, or his/her parent or legal guardian assigns to the Sponsors all rights, titles, and interests (collectively “Rights”) in the Entry or in any reproduction, product, or derivative work using or incorporating all or parts of the Entry and by assigning such rights to Sponsors and Sponsors are permitted to use, reproduce, publish, edit, market, store, adapt, assign, sell, dispose of, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, alter, create derivative works based upon, and promote the Entry or excerpts of the Entry (as such may be edited and modified by Sponsors in their sole discretion) in perpetuity, for editorial, commercial, promotional, and all other purposes (including posting on Sponsors’ and their affiliates’ websites, the Contest website and/or other Sponsor selected media).
6. WINNER LIST. Names of Grand Prize Winners can be viewed at on or after November 15, 2018. OR: Send an SASE, to be received by November 15, 2018 to: Best Camping Story Contest Winners List, 250 Parkway Drive, Suite 270, Lincolnshire, IL 60069. Contest is sponsored by CWI, Inc. and Good Sam Enterprises, LLC, Lincolnshire, Illinois.
Note: This Contest is no way affiliated with, sponsored, endorsed, or administered by Facebook® and therefore Facebook® assumes no responsibility or liability for its conduct or administration.